Backflow prevention device
Reliable Annual Backflow Testing Services Brisbane
What is backflow? Backflow can occur when the water pressure in your property is higher than the mains water supply. It creates a vacuum and causes back siphonage which can contaminate the mains water supply and lead to water-borne diseases.
Regular testing and maintenance of backflow prevention devices prevent the mains water supply from getting contaminated. We are fully accredited, licensed and insured backflow plumbers. Our comprehensive backflow prevention device services include testing, installation, repairs and maintenance. Book our expert backflow plumbers today.
Book Backflow Testing Service Today
Types of backflow prevention devices
- Double Check Valve or Dual Check Valve (DCV)
- Reduced Pressure Zone Valve (RPZ)
- Single Check Valve
- Vacuum Breaker Valve
Do you need a backflow prevention device?
Backflow prevention devices need to be fitted in properties which have been assessed as a risk to contaminating the mains water supply:
- Air conditioning towers
- Swimming Pools
- Funeral Homes
- Car wash companies
- Laundry facilities and Dry Cleaners
- Factories, chemical manufacturing plants
- Boilers and Steam Pipes
- Irrigation systems
- Fire hose reels or hydrants
- Underground rainwater tank
Our backflow testing services
We provide a range of backflow testing services like:
- Installation of backflow devices and valves
- Annual backflow prevention test inspection and maintenance report
- Submission of report to the Brisbane City Council
- Test and maintain backflow valves of all makes and models of brands like Wilkins, Febco, Conbraco, Tyco, Watts, Flomatic, Caleffi, Ames, Hersey, etc.
- Differnet valves like Repair backflow devices and valves
When do you need backflow testing?
Brisbane Council maintains a list of backflow devices installed in the area. Under Queensland government plumbing legislations, the backflow devices need to be registered with the council. They also need to be inspected annually by a licensed backflow plumber. Failure to comply with the regulations can lead to penalty.
Looking for an endorsed backflow plumber?
Our backflow plumbers can conduct the annual backflow testing for you and submit the report to the local council. If you have received a notice from the council, contact Brisbane Plumbing and Drainage today on 1300 740 206 or complete our online job booking form.
For more in depth plumber information visit our Plumber Information page