Installation and repair for gas bayonet fittings
Nothing better than some cold drinks and smoky BBQ chicken, is there? A gas outdoor barbecue can be a perfect addition to your home entertainment. All you need is a gas bayonet fitting and your barbecue can be good to go.
Gas bayonet connections can also provide gas supply to heaters, stoves, and gas log fires. Whether you are looking to stay warm in winter or need gas fittings for your BBQ, our licensed gas fitters can do the job quickly and efficiently. We provide residential and commercial gas fitting services in Brisbane, Logan and Redland. Talk to our friendly staff and find out how we can help you.
Brisbane Gas Fitting Pro's
Installing a new gas appliance? Suspect a gas leak or need gas repairs? No matter what your gas plumbing needs, we can help. With our 24-hour emergency gas fitting service, you can rest assured that whatever time of the day or night you need us, we’ll have it covered.
MAKE A BOOKING!
Get fixed pricing, guaranteed workmanship and 24hr emergency service, book one of our licenced Brisbane plumbers today!
Installation of gas bayonet for indoor and outdoor use
The gas bayonets are attached to the wall or floor and have male and female fittings that are connected together to provide a safe connection. The male fitting is attached to the appliance and female fitting is attached to the wall/floor and connected to the gas supply line.
We provide gas bayonet installation services for:
Test and replace gas bayonet fittings
Over time the dirt or debris which can accumulate in the bayonet fittings can cause gas leaks. Gas leaks are hazardous and need to be fixed immediately. If you smell a gas leak, contact our emergency gas plumber, contact us now on 1300 616 203. We are available 24/7 and would be happy to help you.
Our licensed gas fitters are qualified to replace bayonets. If you have a bayonet installed in your house, replacing the gas bayonet connection can fix the leak issue as often gas leaks occur around the bayonet fittings. We will:
- Inspect the bayonet for leaks or damage.
- Turn off the main gas supply
- Remove the existing bayonet fittings and install new ones.
- Restore the gas supply
- Test the bayonet fittings and check the appliances
- Provide a gas compliance certificate
How to maintain your gas bayonets
- Inspect the bayonet fittings regularly for dirt, debris and any damage.
- Clean the gas bayonet fittings regularly to prevent gas leaks.
- Use bayonet covers especially if you have outdoor bayonets for your BBQ or heaters.
- Use a flued gas heater for indoor use as it will release any harmful gas fumes outside the home preventing adverse health problems.
Licensed Gas Bayonet Installers in Brisbane
Speak to the licensed gas plumbers at Brisbane Plumbing and Drainage for installation or replacement of your gas bayonet fittings. Contact us now on 1300 616 203 or complete our online booking form above.
Plumbing Problems? Get A Quote!
Send us a message with your plumbing needs and we'll get in touch to answer any questions and arrange a visit to provide you with a quote.
Our regular clients know our commitment to being available whenever we’re needed and reputation for high quality, reliable work. See what customers are saying about our Brisbane plumbing services and why Brisbane locals recommend us.
GAS FITTER FAQ
Can a plumber do gas fitting?
Gas Fitters and Plumbers undertake different training and licenses to work in their respective fields. However, some plumbers obtain a license for gas fitting work so they are eligible to install gas hot water heaters, gas appliances, etc.
Can your plumber install your gas stove or any other gas appliances? It depends.
What to do if you have a Gas Leak
Firstly, stay calm and don’t panic.
- Turn off the electrical switches, appliances and pilot lights.
- Open all the windows and doors for ventilation
- Turn off the gas supply from the mains.
- Go outside immediately as inhaling the gas can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning and can prove to be fatal
- Once you are at a safe distance from your house, call your local gasfitters for an urgent inspection. If the leak is between the gas meter and your house, your gasfitter will be able to repair the leak.
However, if the gas leak is around your gas meter and the distribution network, your gas distributor is responsible for the repair.
What is a gas compliance certificate?
A gas compliance certificate is a document completed by a licensed gas fitter after they have completed the installation of all or part of a gas installation (both gas and LPG).
Plumbing Emergency in Brisbane?
For fixed pricing, guaranteed workmanship and 24hr plumbing services, call the plumbers Brisbane locals rely on for fast and friendly service.